Friday, 16 September 2011

An Epiphany

It's recently struck me - in full force, that is, as opposed to in the pipe dream fashion - that if I'm genuinely a 'reluctant medic' then I might need an alternate career path, and I might have to start working towards that sooner rather than later.

This entirely unwanted epiphany occured after I realised that I have less than six months to go before the dreaded period of time known as 'finals'.

Finals being a full blown 'FML' if there ever was one, and especially for me.

I desperately want to apply for the Clegg Scholarship for my elective, which is an 8 week placement with the BMJ (you know, a great alternative to a clinical placement), but the only thing is, they don't let you start applying until gone October, which is a little irritating, being as my elective period is from mid March, so this gives very little time in between to plan a back up.

And I'll definitely need a back up. Because I bet the scholarship is quite competitive.

I really need to brush up on my knowledge of medical journalism, and how the BMJ works, and so on, before I apply, though. And especially so if I'm going to consider it the potential alternate career path...

Enough musings. I'm off to go look up the editor.

FML indeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment