Wednesday, 27 April 2011

"I'll be honest with you, I considered terminating the test at one point."

Before I move on to the story pertaining to the title of this post, let me just say - the Easter weekend was pretty awesome. A friend and I went to stay with a mutual schoolmate in a (currently very famous) picturesque seaside town in Scotland, and highlights included much reminiscing, a fabulous ceilidh and the most amazing Oreo ice cream EVER. Hope everybody else's was as entertaining as ours!

We had to get the train up, once more owing to the lack of a car, so the journey was extremely long and tiring. Anyway, I'm fed up of this lack of a car as it's basically due to me STILL NOT having passed my driving test. So, lessons and a practical test have been booked for this summer, and come final year, I will HOPEFULLY be a successful, independent driver.

I actually practise with the parents whenever I come home for the weekend, and have been doing for months now. I've not had any formal lessons for about two years though - my first (and so far last) instructor was, in my opinion, not so great.

Anyway, that instructor was the one who deemed I was ready for my driving test, and at the end of the driving test, my examiner said "I'll be honest with you, I considered terminating the test at one point". You know how it's possible to get a 'minor' or two or a 'major' in a driving test (referring to types of mistakes...I think we're allowed a fair few minors but even one major constitutes an immediate fail)? Well, I learnt that day that it's also possible to get a 'dangerous'.

I think that's pretty much all you need to know. Suffice to say, I'm REALLY hoping this second attempt goes well!

Back to revision for now, and as ever, more soooon! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment