So, I failed my driving test.
I am pretty annoyed with myself, considering the extortionate amount we had to pay for it, because I failed it on something I absolutely could have prevented. I got a few minors, not many, but I failed on a serious - basically, at a junction, I moved off a bit earlier than I ought to have, and so was dangerously close to the car whizzing past at the time.
And you know why? Now, I am NOT trying to blame my instructor. Let me get that clear. But, I am USUALLY super cautious at junctions. Too much so. He always tells me that. And all I could hear at that junction was my instructor's voice in my head saying, incessantly, as he does every lesson to 'Go! Don't wait! GO!', so I tried to - the gap was just a LITTLE too small for little inexperienced me, though, and hence the f***-up. I should have waited. I know what my instructor's trying to teach me, I just haven't mastered it yet - and so today, it would have been better to simply have got a minor for hesitation.
Ah, never mind. Bring on the next (hideously expensive *shudder*) test. No slots until July though; also annoying...I'm going to have to somehow fit it in somewhere during placement. Currently I've booked it at home again (i.e. here, where I took the most recent test, not in my university city), but I'm wondering if it would be better to get an instructor in my university city now. Hmmm...decisions.
Anyway, more later, when my irritation has died down...!
No comments:
Post a Comment