So, yesterday, I went to London with the girls for a day of shopping, ambling, eating good food, having great fun in the interactive bits of the science museum, and seeing celebs, including Tom Hanks.
Okay, okay. So we didn't exactly KNOW we were going to see Tom Hanks. After our long, happy day, one of my friends suggested heading to Westfield to meet with a couple of her uni mates for dinner, and so head there we did - only to discover there was a premiere of a film happening, and thus swathes of red carpet, security, and masses of public.
We also spied David Hasselhoff and Sophie Ellis Bextor (who looked as though she was half asleep, for some reason, but still happy as she sang), and some lady dressed like a disco ball (hanging off the Hoff's arm).
(Incidentally, when I excitedly texted my family about these Glam Happenings, my mother immediately assumed I was at Madam Tussaud's, and so wasn't very impressed at all, until I gave a proper account later. And even then, my father suggested that maybe I'd gotten confused and that it wasn't really Tom Hanks that I saw. I'm not sure whether to feel amused or affronted by this)
Annnyway, great fun was had by all of us, and here's a suitably harsh account of the general event.
The film is called Larry Crowne, and I think it looks all right! Will decide properly once have seen it, of course.
We didn't manage to get any autographs or photos WITH the stars (though one of my friends got a great one of Mr Hanks himself looking possessed), having arrived too late, since obviously we hadn't even known the event was happening, and so being a fair distance away.
But in other, only mildly less exciting news, we DID have our photo taken with the model of Jack Sparrow in the Disney store on Oxford Street.
Currently preparing for an upcoming holiday to Malta! More on this later :) x
No comments:
Post a Comment